Hey, Guys welcome to the Thetechxplosion world and today we will know Html s tag or S tag in Html. We will also discuss the difference between ‘s’, del, and strike tags in Hypertext markup language. The appearance of these tags is the same but the semantic meaning is different from each other and can be used for a different purpose.
HTML S Tag
The <s> tag is an inline HTML tag that contains our written text and the text is not correct for a long time, not accurate, or irrelevant.
For example, Taylor Swift is famous for her singing/dancing
On the dancing word, we give a strike tag or <s> like this: Taylor Swift is famous for her singing/<s>dancing</s>.
The <s> tag also supports the event and global attributes in a hypertext markup language.
But you cannot acknowledge the <s> tag as a deleted text tag. For the deleted text, there is a tag that is <del> tag.
Strike Tag In HTML
The <strike> tag in HTML is used to draw a horizontal line over the text and it is also called strikethrough tag. In the current time, the <strike> tag in HTML 5 has been removed and you can use <del> tag and the <s> tag instead of strike tag.
If you use these three tags simultaneously, the appearance of the horizontal line over the text will be the same but <strike> tag provides only physical appearance while <s> tag and <del> tag provides semantic meanings.
WANNA KNOW: 10 Coding Tips for Beginners
Other Useful Formatting Tags In HTML
- The <abbr> tag is used to define an abbreviation or acronym.
- The <b> is a formatting HTML tag that is used to bold the text.
- The <acronym> tag in Html that is used to define the acronym but it is unsupported in HTML 5, so you can use <abbr> tag instead of this stuff.
- The <em> tag is another HTML formatting tab that is used to define the emphasized text.
- The <bdo> tag in Html is used to overrides the direction of the current text.
- A <cite> tag defines a working title.
- A <code> tag is defined as a piece of computer code.
- A <center> tag in Html means the center text in a given code and it is not supported in HTML5 and you can this tag in Cascading style sheet(CSS).
- The <address> tag is used as contact information for the document owner/author.
- The <font> is a formatting style that defines the font, size, and color for the given text.
- The tag which defines keyboard input is known as <kbd> tag in HTML.
- The tag which is used to highlight or mark the text, then it is called <mark> tag.
- A tag that shows scalar measurement with a gauge, is written as <meter> tag.
- The <pre> tag in HTML is used to pre-format the given text.
- The representation of task progress is shown by the <progress> tag.
- A tag is which defines a short quotation is written as <q>.
- The <strong> tag, <sub> tag, <sup> tag defines important text, subscripted text, superscripted text respectively.
- A tag name <time> defines a specific time or date-time.
- A <u> tag defines some text that is styled & unarticulated differently from simple text.
- The tags <var> and <wbr> defines a variable and a possible line-break.
- A tag <tt> is known for teletype text but it is also not supported in HTML5.
- The <template> Html tag works as a container for content that should be hidden from the user when the page loads
- Deterministic Finite Automata(DFA) In Theory Of Computation
- AN INTRODUCTION TO HTML S TAG
- 6 Must learn Topics to Keep Up with Technology
- 10 Coding Tips for Beginners
- 7 Incredible Ways Technology Is Reshaping Education