In this tutorial now we know How to Install Kali Linux on Laptop or PC and how we make it dual boot with windows using GRUB Loader. I hope you will able to install kali Linux in your system without any errors. I explained to you every step in very detail to avoid errors. If you follow these steps you will definitely install kali Linux. So let’s understand everything about how to install kali step by step.
Requirement for Installing Kali Linux
- An 8GB or 4GB Pendrive
- 20 GB Minimum Hard Disk Drive Space in Your PC
- RAM: 128 MB (Minimum) and 512 MB (recommended)
- Rufus USB Bootable Maker
- Kali Linux ISO image file (DOWNLOAD FROM HERE)
STEP 1: HOW TO CREATE A BOOTABLE PENDRIVE?
HOW TO install kali linux on usb
First, You need to download these software namely: Rufus and kali operating system ISO file.
Now Run Rufus software, you see the Device option select your Pendrive, and in Boot Selection select your KALI LINUX ISO file. Now for partition scheme select MBR and Target System BIOS or UEFI.
Finally, Click on the START button now it will make your Pendrive Bootable.
STEP 2: CREATE DISK PARTION SPACE FOR KALI LINUX
In this step, you have to create the new partition for Kali Linux, about 30GB of space. You can create New partition using any third-party software or using Disk Manager in Windows.
Using Windows: Right Click on “THIS PC” or “My COMPUTER” and select MANAGE then choose storage (Disk Management) from the LEFT SIDE. Then choose any drive you want to create a new partition. Just RIGHT click on that disk and choose for Shrink Volume.
Then choose the size of the partition in the popup window, after that click on shrink.
STEP 3: BOOTING KALI LINUX
BOOTING KALI: Restart your PC, press the F9, F8, F11, F10 any which your motherboard support for BIOS Setting.
In the BIOS setting go to System Configuration then Boot Options and disable secure boot.and choose boot option UEFI or Legacy. Change the boot order make Pendrive first boot option Save these changes and Exit.
STEP 4: INSTALLING KALI LINUX
In this step, open Boot Menu and choose your Pendrive hit to enter to boot. The kali Linux will boot and shows the boot menu, In the boot menu choose Graphical Install.
- Select a Language: Select any language you preferred (ENGLISH). Then Continue.
- Select your location, select your country. Then Key Board Configuration (American English). Now it will detect the hardware, Loading the additional components.
- Configure the Network: Choose your wireless or ethernet card. Or you can SKIP this Step means select don’t configure at this time.
- Setup users and Passwords: choose any password for root.
STEP 5: Now this is very important step, Partition disk:
- Choose the MANUAL.
- Now select the FREE SPACE partition.
- Later on, CREATE A NEW PARTITION.
- Enter the size of the partition and leave some space for swap partition choose a size for swap partition according to RAM. (i.e If your RAM=2GB leave free space for 3GB Swap Partition, or 4GB for 5GB swap size).
- Type for new partition select Primary.
- Location for new partition select BEGINNING
- Then select USE AS ext4, Boot flag: ON after that DONE SETTING UP THE PARTITION.
- Now create the SWAP partition select the free space we leave in step 4 about (3GB). Select that one and Then create a new partition.
- Use as: SWAP AREA, and DONE SETTING UP THE PARTITION.
- Now select FINISH PARTITIONING AND WRITE CHANGES TO DISK. Choose YES to confirm the changes
- For NETWORK MIRROR: NO
- INSTALL THE GRUB BOOT LOADER ON HARD DISK: YES
- Choose hard disk your system hard disk.
NOW THE KALI LINUX IS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL WITH DUAL BOOT WITH WINDOWS.
Finally, It will restart your pc then choose the Kali Linux OS. Enter the USERNAME: root and PASSWORD: (you created at the time of installation). Now you successfully installed the KALI LINUX with Dual boot with windows.