So here we are again to gain some intense knowledge, as we all know that backup is very important to prevent data loss. In this article, I will show you how to do backup in window 10 using file history setup. We have to back up on a regular basis to prevent losses of our most important files.
You have at least 3 copies of the backup, First, two copies at your location on different devices and one copy of the file are in offsuit( cloud, FTP, etc).
In this, you understand the primary tool built into windows 10 called file history. It easily lets you backup your personal files to an external drive that you can excess locally when you need them.
HOW TO SET UP FILE HISTORY SETUP!
NOW START WITH HOW TO SET IT UP AND USE FILE HISTORY SETUP.
- OPENS THE SETTINGS APP.
- IF YOU ARE NEW TO WINDOW 10 YOU WILL SEE IN THE LOWER LEFT CLICK THE WINDOWS ICON AND SELECT SETTINGS.
- GO TO UPDATE AND SECURITY IN THE LEFT PANE SELECT BACKUP.
- CONNECT ANY EXTERNAL DRIVE LIKE PENDRIVE, CD ETC.
- NOW IN THE LEFT, YOU SEE A ADDED DRIVE CLICK THE PLUS ICON.
- THEN YOU SEE YOUR EXTERNAL DEVICE CLICK ON THAT
- YOU WILL SEE AN ON/OFF SLIDER FOR AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY FILEs
Files history by default will backup all folders located in your user folder every hour while the external drive is connected. You can change settings when you wish to:-
- Just click on more options and backup options you will see at the top you can run a manual scan by clicking the backup now button.
- You change often your files are backed up and also change the timings like every 10 minutes, daily and more.
- The default to keep your backups is forever you can lower this from two years all the way down to until space is needed.
- If you scroll down the page to the backup these folders section to add a new folder,
- Click the plus icon to find your computer for additional folders. To remove the folder click on the select remove.
If you scroll down more to the bottom of the page below the include folders:-
- select the plus to exclude specific folders. This can come in handy if you have folders that you don’t want to include inside of the other folders.
- If you want to switch to a new backup drive:-
- click on stop using the drive.
- go back to the previous page and repeat the earlier steps.
In this article, you will understand how to use file history and now I hope you will never lose your important data.
I hope you like this article please share and stay safe at home.
To gain some intense knowledge read articles like:- the story of super Mario bros 3, if you think you are entrepreneur than follow these channels, everyone is suffering but still, something is booming and many more.