Description: How to import OLM contacts to Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, and other versions? Move Mac Outlook contact files into Windows Outlook.
Want to import OLM contacts to Outlook for Windows but facing problems? If yes, then do not worry because you have reached the exact place where you are supposed to be. Here, we will explain how you can move the contacts from the application of one operating system to another.
An OLM file is a database file used by Mac Outlook for storing all its data items. This file format is only restricted to the Mac version of Outlook and its Windows counterpart cannot open because it uses the PST format. Contacts are essential for anyone and a lost contact can cost you an opportunity. So, it is always advisable to maintain your data integrity and only use a safe method that guarantees the security of data and assures that your data isn’t damaged.
In the upcoming sections of this blog, you will learn about a manual and one direct method to perform this migration effectively.
How to Import OLM Contacts to Outlook?
Suppose a situation arises where your Mac Outlook is not working or would crash every other second or if you do not have this application installed. What will you do if you urgently need to convert your OLM files to the required format but cannot because you do not have Outlook? This is one of the most common queries we get regularly and we are going to answer exactly that. Since you only have an OLM file on your system but no Outlook installed, the only option left with you is to use the software. We highly recommend using OLM converter for Mac software that provides multiple benefits as given below:
- Import multiple OLM contacts to Outlook for Win in one go.
- Maintains folder hierarchy & preserves the integrity of data.
- Allows selective conversion of OLM contacts easily.
- Option to apply naming convention & date range filter.
- Exports all attributes & fields of the OLM contact files.
- Can convert even the orphan contact files.
Guide to Import OLM Contacts to Outlook for Windows
- First, you have to install the software on your system. Then, add file(s) or folder to it containing the contacts.
- Then, select the file(s) or folder and click on PST format.
- Browse a location to save this file & click on ‘Export’.
Can you Do This Manually?
Yes, the users can import OLM contacts to Outlook for Windows manually as well but there are certain limitations to it such as the compulsion of having Outlook for Mac installed on your system. This method requires you to first export the contact file in .txt format. Then, you have to open this file using any spreadsheet program and convert it to a CSV file. After that, send this file to your Windows PC using any external device or other methods. Following this, you will have to import it into Outlook by using its Import/Export wizard.
You have learned about two methods using which you can import OLM contacts to Outlook for Windows much more effectively. This article talks about the manual method as well as the direct smart method to help you achieve results in all possible scenarios. You can also use its free version to see the working of the tool for yourself.
- 5 Best Keyloggers for Android in 2021
- A Complete Guide for Text Message Spying without Getting Caught
- How To Be Physically More Fit And Active Without Restraining From Gadgets
- Top 6 WONDERFUL Best Linux Distros [ 2021 Guide]
- Escape From Tarkov Reserve Map [Major Update]