So here we are again with some amazing stuff. Today we are going to learn about how to use Alexa as an intercom. Alexa is the most common device nowadays, everyone loves to use Alexa amazing features. Alexa built-in feature Drop-in helps us to use Alexa as an intercom.
There are simply two ways to use alexa as an intercom :-
- More than two echo devices by which you can simply turn both Echos into the home intercom system.
- If you don’t have two or more than you use your mobile phone with the Alexa app.
LET’S START FEW STEPS TO USE ALEXA AS AN INTERCOM
FIRSTLY YOU HAVE TO TURNED ON THE FEATURE, If it is not turned on.
let’s see how it’s turned on:-
STEP 1 – Just simply go to settings of your alexa mobile app.
2. You will see a list of devices from where you have to select the device to use as an intercom.
3. Select Drop IN After general.
4. select households only. ( SWITCH IT ON IF YOU’RE OKAY WITH THIS FEATURE).
STEP 5 – DO ALL SAME STEPS FOR OTHER AMAZON ECHO DEVICES.
NOTE: TO use this feature simply use voice command “ALEXA drop in on [name of echo device]”. You can also rename your echo device name according to your ease.
HOW TO RENAME AMAZON ECHO DEVICE NAME
- OPEN THE ALEXA APP.
- TAP THE MENU BUTTON.
- THEN TAP DEVICES( HERE YOU FIND LIST OF ALEXA DEVICES).
- SELECT THE DEVICE AND EDIT IT’S NAME.
HOW TO USE WITH MOBILE DEVICE ALEXA DROPIN FEATURE
STEP 1 Go to the calling and messaging tab
step 2 select the drop in button and choose the device you want to connect, simply mute your mic and call on speaker.
NOTE: To use the warning feature you have to say ” Alexa, call [device name]”.
HOW TO USE ALEXA ANNOUNCEMENTS
This function is very amazing, You can even broadcast your messages to all the speakers connected to your house.
FEW WAYS TO USE THESE:
- “ALEXA, “LUNCH IS READY”.
- “ALEXA, ” It’s time to have a bear guys”
You can also use Alexa app to use this features.
This feature is currently not available in all countries.